Saturday, January 26, 2008

stores and beers

In the food stores in Montreal they have bagboys - those boys or girls who pack your food while you're paying the cashier. I always feel a bit stupid standing there waiting, but sometimes I try to help, but usually that just complicate things for them. But the real pain is when the bagboy is missing, and the cashier has to do the job - after she/he dealt with the money. Then she/he slowly starts packing for you and the line of people just keeps growing behind you. Efficient? I wouldn't say. Service minded - definitely!

Then you have the amazing coldrooms ( I said room!) with beer - ALL kinds of beer - in every store, even the tiny corner stores that you find everywhere there might live people! I mean, hey baberiba! How service minded can it be?! Being used to maybe a small fridge in the back of the store with some commercial 2,5% beer, if I'm lucky, I found this completely cool! You have everything from commercial stuff to locally brewed beer, amber, brown, dark, blonde, you name it. And of course - it's ALL strong beer! Tjohooo!

No comments: