Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fantastic day of filmmaking!

I had a fantastic day yesterday! I woke up by a phone call from one of my favorite documentary filmmakers in Canada, the Swedish born Magnus Isacsson. We meet at an outdoors opening event the night before, for the interesting art-"terrorist"-organization ATSA's new store CHANGE, and he now phoned to ask if I wanted to come with him to a sound studio at the national film board, for sound-mix of his new documentary. If I wanted to?? YES!
So, of we went, and I spent a whole afternoon in this spectacular mixing studio (which was big as a full cinema theater with the movie screen as the monitor!), watching and learning by the big guys. What a privilege! It was so inspiring to get to see how the high professionals work, and boy, it's very different from anything I have experienced so far in my own non-funded work. It goes fast, smooth, and nothing is too complicated when you have all these experts doing the job. For the sound mix, there was one sound designer who has been designing the films whole sound scape, one head sound technician and his sound assistant, the two directors (Magnus Isacsson and Martin Duckworth) - and me.
We later followed up the evening by attending an opening of a documentary film at Cinéma du Parc - Mirages d'un Eldorado by Montreal-based Martin Frigon.
This day has definitely been a turning point - or a more pin-pointed start, of my future. I'm overly happy! Thank you Magnus, for giving me this day!

3 comments:

HAMÅSA said...

Wowowow! Åh jag kan tänka mig att du njöt massor! Snart börjar vi läsa om dina filmer och det ska bli så coolt att se vad du gör härnäst.

Anonymous said...

Hej Madam! Undrade vart du hade tagit vägen! Jag saknar dig!
Gud vad mycket skönare sätt att jobba på om man jämför med vårat doing it all ourself redigeringsjobb. Vad händer här näst? Hoppas du får jobba med dom!
Nu sitter jag åter igen med materialet från SA för Sensus. Jag skulle behöva bilder på hemlösa mm.
Kontakta mig gärna snart! Har du kvar din symbiosadress? Långa kramen Linda

Madame PluPlu said...

Hejhej Linda,

Förlåt att jag inte skrivit! Hoppas du har det bra med SA-materialet å att du inte får jobbigt, utan bara skojskojskoj!!

Skriver snart! Kraaam