Sunday, February 3, 2008

First contact with the aliens


So, I got spoken to by a stranger from Montreal yesterday, the very first in over 6 months that tries to make contact with me just like that. It was in a coffee shop in the English speaking area of NDG (west of the city), where I had an afternoon of boring exploration. (yes, I said boooooring, only beautiful houses and no kicking energy at all.) So, there I was sitting with my coffee and an English newspaper, The Gazette, when suddenly this qute guy came up to me with a pen and a piece of paper and very awkwardly asks if he can do a goofy thing and ask for my telephonenumber. Man, of course very flattering, even in it's own fumbling goofyness, but why in the world was this my first contact with this new people? Typical! I have never, EVER in my whole life been asked for my number before by a stranger I haven't even said a word to before. But the most amazing feeling in the whole situation was to not feel anything but flattered and not interested AT ALL, and to tell him, "Sorry, I'm married." and really feel super happy in that!
I'm so in love with my man, that no little guy can charm me with a smile and a piece of paper. Take a hike dude.

No comments: