Wednesday, May 7, 2008

METAL head bang

Yes, my dude loves the metal scene and hard rock (sorry M, my categorization might be off the track a bit..), and since it's been his birthday recently, we decided to celebrate it a bit more by going for a show of metal music. And hey, it was the Swedish band Meshuggah playing, which M really likes), before the grand show of Ministry. Yes, it was hard rock/metal alright! I had a really good time, even though I had my earplugs stuffed extra deep in. Meshuggah ruled! It's dark, heavy and angry, every ingredience to make you wanna punch someone in the face. I really enjoyed to watch all these head banging guys and girls with looooong hair, on and off stage, some even sitting and head-banging. Rock'n'roll grandpa'! So, it won't convince me to start loving metal or hard rock, but it was great to actually be at a good show and just see it for real once. And Ministry, well, that's something. Very political, huge video screen showing really super good "film-sequences" behind, adding story to the music, a lot of Bush and war and anger and anarchy. And the singer was all dressed up in weird outfits and make-up, there was a cow scull attached to his mic stand and the band was performing behind a high metal fence, which was part of the staging, not for security. Very stylish! I only had one problem; I was sick as a half dead cow in fever caused by the measles (yes, it's true, all red dotted over my body!) and actually fell asleep in the middle of Ministry's show. Hmm... how's that for a resumé.
And a funny thing happened. Next to me in the crowed I spotted a known face, and yes, there she was, in all her glory: the Swedish Robyn! Hey hopp! I'm all surrounded by Sweden. :)

No comments: