Saturday, April 19, 2008

TICK-TACK

I've discovered something that's makes a huge differens between living in Montreal and Stockholm: Montreal is somewhat timeless! In Stockholm, everywhere you go you will always find a clock ticking on a wall somewhere, right. Even the subway are divided into minutes, announcements coming out of delays by minutes and when is the next train to arrive, even buses have timeschedules by minutes announced on digital screens. But here subways are coming and going within 10 minutes interval, and you kinda newer know when. There's an exception from this at the biggest down town metro station and 2 more close to it, where BIG screens shows some kind of metro TV with commercials and some news and announcements of events (in silence) - and the time and next arrival of the train, but on all the other stations, people just walk down to the platform and wait knowing you won't have to wait more than 10 minutes, sometimes less than 1 minute. I love this! And usually there is no clock indicating time ANYWHERE to be found whenever you really need one! For the first time in my life I found myself having an actual need for my arm-watch, just as soon as I manage to remember to buy a new battery. Why I haven't done that yet? I still haven't seen ONE store selling clocks!

No comments: