Thursday, November 15, 2007

Me Inga with the ryggsäck!

Plup pluuuu pluplu pluuu plupluplu plu pluuuuuuu! Struggling with my French and feeling low. Is it just me? Am I stupid or what? I just can't seem to remember all these strange sounds and words, can't get them to stay inside of my brain long enough to have them there when I need them. Well, I mean, I can say things like; Would you like some coffee? Hello, how are you? I'm fine! My name is Madame PluPlu. Thank's for the food (which I sometimes happen to turn into "Thank's for the bull", but that's ok). So, I CAN say some few things, but this just won't do it if I want to live here, and it's been 2 months already. I kinda thought I would be a bit more talkative by now, but no.

M phoned many different French-courses for immigrants, and we've been around talking to them, but they all turned me down due to one missing paper for the immigration, we are still waiting for some decisions to be made in the process. We might get some important papers next week! Yeeeiiiiippiiii! Stressful to wait all this time.
But so, when I had almost given up on hope, some friendly little place welcomed me, probably they went around some rules for that, and I'm finally gonna start my road to French interaction next week! Wow! Suddenly I have a new feeling about this place and I'm feeling much happier. It's been heavy to feel so outside of everything due to language problems and feeling new and lost and without work. But now at least I will be meeting some new people twice a week and learn French and have something to get me going. I've been going down this spiral of loneliness for some weeks. Even though M is helping me a lot and we have spent so much time together, it's difficult to be dependent on only one person. I actually have got one job already, once a week I give Swedish-lessons for a guy, and that's fun. I try my best to teach M Swedish too, and he's GOOD! It's gonna be fun to be able to speak 3 languages fluently together one day!

Immigration is a funny thing, all of the sudden I feel closer to all the other nationalities of immigrants around me than before - people from China, Brazil, Argentina, India, Pakistan, Zambia, Chile, Japan... - and me... Strange, I never thought of immigrants this way before, but suddenly I get a small insight in what kind of process we have to go through to move to another country, and man!, it's a lot to think about and crazy much papers to fill in and get and send here and there and copies to be made and photos to be taken and stuff and stuff. And before you leave home, everything goes into a crazy spinn of papers, doctors examinations with x-ray of your lungs, blood tests, control of my eyes and more and 50 questions to answer like; "Have you got HIV?" "How much alcohol do you drink per week?." And then selling my stuff at home, packing stuff to bring in 3 big bags, leaving my job and colleges whom I love, leaving my home, saying bye-bye to friends and family (oh, how much I miss you all!) and then PLOPP!!! - you land in a completely new context and are supposed to start everything over just like that. Sorry, but I can't help feeling a bit lost and confused - and lonely. You know, it sounds like this amazing adventure - and yes, in many ways it is - but at the same time, it's damn hard to do it all over, harder than I thought. Thank god I have all these Chinese and Indians and Brazilians to belong to - if only I could understand their language...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nummer ett!
Jag skriver på Schvetzski så får M också öva sig :). Vad kul att höra hur det går, och att det går relativt bra!
Det där att vara immigrant är udda, har du börjat spana efter en svensk immigrations community?
Kan du inte publicera lite bilder på hur det ser ut därborta? Om inte här så kanske du kan joina facebook och ladda upp dem där lite mer privat.

All the best, kramar U

Madame PluPlu said...

Hej Urban!
Numero Uno! Tjoho!!
Har hittat en svensk community, men den verkar mer död är levande, hemsidan talar om att "nu är det dags att deklarera 2006". Nädu!
Tyvärr har jag ingen tåckendringa högteknologisk digderidookamera än, så bilder får vänta lite. Men tro mig, det är skitigt å brunt - men coolt.

Stora kramen!
/pluplu

Anonymous said...

Halloj!

Roligt att äntligen se din blogg! Rss:ad!

Ja, jag känner igen det du säger om att identifiera sig i utanförskapet med de andra som är i samma situation som man tidigare kanske inte sett på det sättet från Henrics berättelser, fast han var förstås fast bestämd att vara Japan hela tiden så han vägrade gå med på att känna så ;-)

Jag ska hälsa från din gamla kollega Eva R som jag träffade på tekniska i förrgår!

Lycka till med språkkurserna!

le pleu!

/Peter

Unknown said...

Jessi-babe!
Kul att läsa om dina äventyr i stora landet i väster! Jag saaaknar dig! Det är knappt att vi klarar oss på TM utan dig :(

Jag kommer att hänga i din blogg så ofta jag hinner. Sköt om dig!

/Paula

PS: Greger är fortfarande en fantastisk person :)

Madame PluPlu said...

Hajhaj Peter,

Kanske jag borde göra mer som Henric.. Vi har ett talessätt i Värmland som jag kanske kan köra med, så tror de nog att jag är en fransktalande, om är med lite kryddad dialekt: (läs med fransk snoffsig accént!) "Äta gelé mé träské i vedboá!"

Läser din blogg jag med. Den är väldigt fin! :)

Salut!
//PluPLu

Madame PluPlu said...

Hejsan Paula!

Saknar dig super! Du förgyllde min sommar och sista tiden på Tekniska. Ack så kort vår samvaro blev. Typiskt!
Men, skam den som ger sig, kom hit vetja!! Å ta med G!
Skriv till min mail med.

Hälsa ALLA!

Kramkram
//PluPlu