Monday, November 12, 2007

Madame PluPlu up to surface

So, hello friends and friends to come. This is my new life, virtually! Up until yesterday I was determined to never ever get one of those "blogs", pouring out my life's happy and not so happy moments into the public... This was before I actually read some good ones on the web! Thank you all! So, I wont promise you a good blog, but definitely an attempt to one. And why not writing it in English I thought, since this might attract some locals too... :) But please don't hesitate to write me in any language, Swedish, English or even French (I just might not be able to answer for some days on the French ones, gotta decode it first..)

So, here I am, in a new place, new space and wow!, a new world is opening in front of my (new) shoes too! Me being completely like my totem animal - the Squirrel - fast, jumping, energetic and going nuts, finds myself lost in a big, brown, BROWN city (they seem to have only one way of designing houses here, bricks in 4000 shades of brown, occasionally grey) with a very, very "precise" language, as M calls it - French! (I call it complicated.) Oh boy, I say, now what a tricky language it is... And this will also explain my blogs name, Madame PluPlu, since this is the closest to French I seem to come. All I hear when people talk is that sound, ..."plu plu pluuuu, plu plu pluu pluuuu..." Well, my hopes and intention is to finally decode this into real words, and maybe, just maybe be able to say something myself. One Day...

So, at this point, I'm living happily with M in a nice and calm part of town, not too far from fun stuff, but still far enough to avoid all the hip and cool down towners, which aim and goal seem to be to raise prices on living. But, they are fun to watch from time to time, I just jump on the subway train and surface 10 minutes later among concrete and sky scrapes, dirty backstreets and shopping people. It is a nice contrast and I think it's just that contrast that could best describe this town. Montreal - the city of thousand contrasts - and shades of brown!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Madame PluPlu

Interesting to read your observations. What about a picture of you???

Madame PluPlu said...

pictures are so overrated